This is a lot more than just a sock. It is a sock that utilizes our trilaminate material, so it’s super comfy. It’s one of our most popular items bc when you put it on you realize just how comfortable it is. Some of our staff wear these socks to keep warm in winter.
It’s a sock that’s used for water sports so it’s not an everyday sock. It can be used under a neoprene boot, or on its own. You can see that at the top it has a neoprene seal that won’t allow water inside the sock.
They are warm, and stylish. The branding underneath is not just a branding feature but also functional as tread. It adds a Nordstrom’s feel. Watersports has a lot of slick surfaces, so the additional tread grip helps.
It took a couple of iterations to find the right design. We were already using our trilaminate material, so it was just getting the fit right.
Most sock patterns are just two pieces of flat material sewn together. We used a pattern to conform to the shape of the foot, then another to conform to the Achilles heel. We put a lot of effort into getting that right. We knew it was right, when the staff started asking if they could wear them around the office.
- For use as stand alone or underneath any Aquatic Shoe
- Keeps feet warm in both above and below water situations
- Super Comfortable 4-way Stretch for ease of donning
- Neoprene ankle seal keeps water ingress to a minimum during use
- Fernotherm3 tri-laminate construction offering, moisture wicking and anti wind-chill properties
- UV 50+ sun protection